12.01.2013

I'm Still Here

I apologize for not being active on my 90 day challenge. Let me catch you up to speed. Today is day 29. So far, I have been very inconsistent. Most of my inconsistency is related to mental set backs I have established with my competition history. But, moving forward. I appreciate those that have contacted me and encouraged me to continue in sharing this journey.

Here is this weeks nutrition and training plan.

Nutrition Plan

I am still maintaining a 40/30/30 macro split but aiming for consistency this week. I will allow myself a "reefed" meal on Saturday after my marathon training. I have had a few challenges in getting all my meals in while at work. The quest bar has become essential for me because I am always so busy when that meal is due.

The last meal this week will be a mug cake (I make mine in a bowl). I was inspired by one of my booty icons, Amanda Latona. She posted the recipe last week and I adapted it to fit my macro needs.









 "Mug Cake" 

Ingredients:
1 scoop nighttime recovery formula
1 TB stevia
1/3 tsp baking powder
2 egg whites
unsweetened almond milk for consistency

- Mix dry, then add wet
- Place 1 TB almond butter in the middle
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave 1:15-1:30
- Once baked - cover with protein icing (1/2 scoop of recovery formula watered down to icing consistency) and fat free whip cream. Maybe add some Walden's Farm syrup if needing some extra sweetness.

Training Plan

My training plan has actually been very consistent. I have never had a problem getting my workouts in. It is my love for food that gets in the way ;) On Thanksgiving, my husband and I ran the Turkey Trot. It was different not being in Fort Worth with our families, but nice to stay in and relax.
 
I am up to 12 miles on my marathon training plan and knocked them out yesterday like a champ. My foot has been holding up. I am scheduled to run a 1/2 marathon (13.1) this week. I have been enjoying my long runs. There is something about getting out early and hitting the pavement. I have noticed a tightness in my groin with my hip flexors though due to increasing my mileage, heavy glute training and minimal stretching. (That last part is definitely a weakness of mine). This week, I aim to incorporate 2 yoga sessions.
 
Sunday: REST
 
Monday: Run 3 miles
 
Tuesday: Run 3 miles
 
Wednesday: Yoga & Glute Training
 
Thursday: Run 6 miles & Shoulder/Chest/Tri workout
 
Friday: Yoga & Glute Training
 
Saturday: Run 13.1 miles & Back/Bi/Abs
 
I'll be posting my workouts later in the week, along with recipe and product suggestions.
 
 
New Day. Start Fresh.
 
 
Let's do this!!!
 
Have a wonderful week.
- FitWhitt






No comments:

Post a Comment