11.09.2013

Day 7 - Weekly Recap

I just got back from running 11 miles!!! YES!! I'm not going to lie. I was weary if I could  do it. But I did, and I did it well! Just the motivation I needed to create to keep going.

 As I eat my eggs, I am reflecting on this past week. I had a few bumps in the road, but ultimately I am very proud of my progress the past 7 days. I wasn't able to stay exactly on schedule due to scheduling challenges with work. I missed one running session this week. All in all, I feel leaner and mentally strong.  I had excellent training sessions in the gym. I have one more glute session to perform tonight after work. My body is loving lifting that weight again. I noticed I am slightly weaker than I was a month ago, particularly in the upper body. Just need to keep going. I want to step on that scale more than anything, but will stick to my commitment and not let it define my progress.


I bought a 1/2 gallon of ice cream one night as an impulse buy. It was a Blue Bell flavor I wanted to try last year and never got a chance. I am proud that although it's in my freezer, I currently have no desire to partake in any. I will allow myself a scheduled "cheat meal" and enjoy it in moderation at some point this holiday season.
I mean come on, it sounds so good. Just keeping it real here.
Christmas Cookies is a combination of your favorite holiday cookies – chocolate chip, snickerdoodle and sugar – in a tasty sugar cookie ice cream with red candy cane-shaped sprinkles and a green icing swirl throughout

I am hoping for a more regular schedule next week, but I am still staying positive and working on my goals, regardless if I have to make adjustments due to work.

Here is a positive reflection for the week.

"When we challenge our fears, we master them. When we wrestle with our problems, they lose their grip on us. When we dare to confront the things that scare us, we open the door to personal liberty."

- FitWhitt

No comments:

Post a Comment